Jeff Jarrett was scheduled to appear Royal Canadian Legion’s Rise of Legends: War Games event on Saturday night from Edmonton, Alberta Canada. Unfortunately, he did not compete at the event as advertised due to ‘personal issues.’

@RealJeffJarrett will not be appearing tonight at RCW rise of Legends due to unforseen circumstances. @DBSmithjr will still be appearing and defending the stu hart heritage title,

— RCW Wrestling (@rcw_wrestle) October 21, 2017

RCW promoter Steven Ewaschuk issued a statement on Facebook explaining the situation.

“RCW has the unfortunate news to report that Jeff Jarrett will be not appearing at tonight’s event in Edmonton due to reasons beyond the company’s control as Jeff Jarrett has boarded a plane and left the country on his own accord this morning. Jeff Jarrett did appear last night in Calgary at the RCW event but again has chosen to leave the country due to his own issues.”

Jarrett had been scheduled for a VIP Meet and Greet event, but was replaced by Davey Boy Smith Jr. Ewaschuk explained that fans who purchased a VIP Package would be offered a free ticket to their next show to make up for Jarrett’s cancellation.

“Once again on behalf of the RCW office and management we greatly apologize to all the great Edmonton Wrestling fans.”

Thank you to each and every fan who came out to RCW this weekend and a huge thank you to @DBSmithjr for stepping up and being the true professional he always is.

— RCW Wrestling (@rcw_wrestle) October 22, 2017

In response to a fan who commented on the Facebook post, Ewaschuk replied,

“I understand and your entitled you opinion as you are a paying fan who supports indy wrestling and it’s stars. I personally though highly of Jeff Jarrett as well until yesterday. once again I personally respect your opinions and hope you attend tonights show and enjoy it.”

RCW performer Duke Durrango commented on the situation:

@RealJeffJarrett You cheap drunken slob. Stop pissing on the business. Grow the fuck up. Stop embarrassing yourself, family and the business

— @dukedurrango (@dukedurrango) October 22, 2017

Jarrett posted the following Steve Jobs quote on Instagram on Sunday:

#Motivation #SteveJobs #Quotes #RunTheDayOrTheDayRunsYou