After winning the Impact World Championship, The New Champion Eli Drake had commented on the former Champion Alberto El Patron’s suspension, stating that he doesn’t know whether or not he should be brought back to the company.

Now Alberto has responded to the comments of Drake during a recent conference call with WrestlingInc among other things. Below are some of the highlights from the call:

The comments of Eli Drake:

“To be honest, I don’t know anything about what Eli said after my suspension, which everyone knows was a wrongful suspension. I don’t really know, but whatever Eli said, he’s gonna have to back it up in the ring. He had the opportunity to be in the ring with me once, I took him to school, I taught him a lesson, and I think he had an amazing match for the first time in his life but it was because he was in the ring with Alberto El Patron, So whatever he said in the ring after my suspension, I don’t really care, because as you know, if I ever open my mouth I always back it up in the ring or in the streets or anywhere I have to back it up. I’m gonna have the opportunity to be in the ring with him pretty soon.

The difference between him and Drake:

“The difference between him and I, I earned that title, I fought for that title against one of the best performers in the world Bobby Lashley, and I won that title after hitting the 1-2-3 from the referee. He got it handed [to him], it was a present, it was an early Christmas present for Eli Drake. He’s not a real champion, real champions get their titles and get their victories in the battle.”

Impact moving to Canada:

“To me it’s fantastic. To be honest, when I joined Impact Wrestling I never understood why we were just doing it in Orlando. We need to go to other places, we need to give the opportunity to other people to see what Impact Wrestling has to offer,” he said. “So to me it’s fantastic that we’re not doing the tapings this time in Orlando and we are here in Canada, in this beautiful country. Of course the weather sucks, because it’s too cold out here (laughs). But the country is beautiful, I had the opportunity to perform in Canada so many times in the past and I know how passionate and how crazy the fans get when they get good pro-wrestling, and I’m 100 percent sure that’s exactly how it’s gonna be in the next few days. I hope the next time we get to do the tapings in Mexico!”