Ring of Honor Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks recently spoke with Rolling Stone to talk about various topics. Here are the highlights:

Reasons they are avoiding signing with the WWE:

Nick: That has some to do with it. Other parts, the schedule’s just crazy and there’s a lot of elements to that. There hasn’t been a right situation for us to go there, so that’s why nothing’s ever gotten to the point where we did go there. There’s never been a scenario where they called us or pitched an idea or any of that. The only communications we’ve really only ever had was a few years ago. They wanted us to come in for a tryout and at that time we felt like we were above tryouts, because we felt like we had enough work for them to watch and we didn’t have to go there to do that. That was the last time we really communicated with them about coming to work there, but now I don’t know. It would have to be a situation we’d be comfortable with and a situation we really wanted to do, because like Matt said, we’re in control of our characters now and we’re having a blast and we like our schedule. We’re very happy.

Matt: It’s funny, because when you’re a teenager your goal is to go there, and you don’t care what the circumstances would be, you just want to go there. But now, when you mature as an adult and a performer and you’ve built these characters and personalities for years and you do it yourself like Nick and I have, now we’d have to hand over the keys. And that’s terrifying. It’s like, “Here’s all this hard work that we have done, now please, please don’t ruin it.” That’s difficult and that’s a gamble.

Nick: We have 13 months left on our current contract, and I have no idea what we’re going to be doing in 13 months.

Matt: What’s so funny is that, only in pro wrestling, can a company threaten legal action on you, but then probably offer you a job a year later. Of course [the WWE] is interested. They’d be interested in just taking us just so New Japan and ROH doesn’t have us. In no other business would that be a thing.

Wanting CM Punk in the Bullet Club:

Nick: Matt and I have been saying this a lot lately: We would love to work with CM Punk. I think it’s just a matter of time for him to realize that he’s missed so much. I don’t think he realizes that the fans would just be so happy to see him back. To be able to work with him would help business even more, wherever that would be. It would be huge if we could get him over at Ring of Honor or New Japan and work something out. That would be one of my main goals, to get him back into wrestling

Matt: I talk to him a lot. I bugged him for like, I don’t know, a year or two? I was really aggressive and at one point I realized that I should probably let him make his own decisions. He knows that there’s an offer there and he knows that I’m the first phone call that he should make if he decides to get back into the business. He’s told me that, he says when or if or ever he does decide to possibly get back into it, I’ll be the first guy he calls. It’ll be interesting. Whether or not he plays on our team or an opposing team, it’d be fun. When we’re talking about guys, another guy would be Bryan Danielson [WWE’s Daniel Bryan]. I don’t see him necessarily joining Bullet Club, but he’d be a fun guy to wrestle or to work with or whatever. Just to have him in the ring with us would be incredible.