Sami Callihan recently appeared on Wrestling Epicenter to talk about various topics. Here are the highlights:

Being one of the first talents to request to leave WWE:

“I don’t think I was a trendsetter. I just was… mediocrity is dead with me. I’m not complacent just sitting around collecting a paycheck. It really didn’t matter about being a trendsetter. I wasn’t going to just sit around collecting a paycheck, even though it was a very good paycheck to do nothing. I was ready to go out and show them why they hired a 5’7 kid in the first place.”

His debut at Bound for Glory:

“It was great, man! One of the things I really pride myself on is I like to be unpredictable. You don’t know when or where I’m going to show up. I can legit show up anywhere. I think that kind of adds to my aura and makes me cool.”

Negative media attention towards Impact:

“Well, the first week I was there man, it is pretty bad a**. They are pretty much giving us the opportunity. I think the big thing is management hasn’t always been the best. The best way I can describe it is if you were a fan of WCW back in 1992-1993, when people were running WCW that wasn’t wrestling fans, that didn’t know wrestling, that kind of thought, “I’m going to run this company and do what I want.” I kind of attribute it to that. That kind of is where TNA (Impact) was for a while, but now, they have smart people on top. They have guys on top that were on top when TNA was at their best. Now, Scott D’Amore is helping with, majorly helping with the company. Sonjay Dutt, majorly helping with the company. Abyss, majorly helping with the company. These are guys that were helping with the company when it first was amazing. Change doesn’t happen overnight, but these guys are slowly putting plans into motion to change TNA back to what it was. Within the next year, TNA is going to totally pull a 180 and people are going to start noticing it again.”