‘The Boss’ Sasha Banks recently joined Stone Cold Steve Austin for The Steve Austin Show. During the show, both these stars talked about Banks’ gimmick and more. Below are some highlights from the podcast:

Steve Austin on Banks’ gimmick:

“I love the ‘Legit Boss’ gimmick, It’s one of my favorite gimmicks going. She plays it to a T. She’s working babyface now. Quite frankly, I just love her as a heel because of that swagger that she has. I love Sasha Banks ‘The Legit Boss’ as a heel because that’s when I feel [she is] on full-on [her] persona, [her] character, [her] system.”

Sasha on feeling more like herself as a heel:

“I’ve been thinking about that a lot lately because usually I just say, ‘both’ just to give that bland answer. But I do enjoy working heel it’s I feel more comfortable. I feel more free. I feel like I’m being more myself because I can really be like, ‘yeah, I’m the s–t.’ Do you know what I mean? Which I feel like it’s hard to be as a babyface, but in today’s day and age, I feel like today’s babyfaces are really the heels in our heels are now the babyfaces because that’s what our fans are cheering now. The fans are cheering the heels and booing the babyfaces because they want to see people kick ass. They want to see them saying stuff and doing stuff in more of a gritty way than being all, ‘yeah, I’m going to kick your butt because I’m a good guy!’ Ugh! It drives me [insane]… Exactly, everyone plays by the rules! It drives me insane. I hate it.”

Banks on how it’s hard to be a babyface:

“It’s very hard [being a babyface] and I’m still learning to be a babyface every day and the only… I don’t want to say the ‘only’, but the number one reason I love it is the kids. I love seeing little kids dressed up as you. Yeah.”

Sasha on if Snoop Dogg helped her in development of her character:

“No, I stole his ‘boss’ persona. He’s my cousin, but we’re not very close. People always think we’re like best friends or cousins-cousins and grew up together and went to each other’s houses to hang out, but no. I didn’t meet this guy until maybe I was 12 [years old] and he came to Iowa for a concert and anytime he came around we would always go to the concert and this and that. And he told me he loved wrestling and I told him that I love wrestling and that was our bond. And anytime he went to [a WWE event], like one time he hosted RAW, or if I was he was hosting WrestleMania or doing the Divas match, I was like, ‘please bring me with you’ and every time he did. And that was our bond, the love of wrestling and we always talk about wrestling and I told him I wanted to be a wrestler when I grow up and he told me, ‘hey, if that’s your dream, go get it,’ so it’s so crazy that he did that, was it WrestleMania 32, he did that entrance and I was like, ‘how is this possible? It’s so cool! What a dream come true of having a legend in the rap game coming out and doing your entrance? That’s your family member too, so that’s awesome.’