Former Raw Women’s Champion Bayley recently joined Edge and Christian for their E&C’s Pod Of Awesomeness podcast where she discussed a variety of wrestling related topics. Below are some highlights from her interview:

Her Takeover: Brooklyn match against Sasha Banks being her ‘greatest memory’:

“That’s definitely a milestone in both of our [pro wrestling] careers. That’s one that people do ask us about it a lot and I don’t ever get tired of it. And for some reason, it still gets me emotional. Like, I can still remember every single detail about it, and every second leading up to it, and just every emotion that went into it still. That’s my greatest memory.”

On not having much time to put the match together due to Banks moving to main roster:

“I don’t think we had very much time, to be honest, because Sasha had just gotten onto the main roster, so we hadn’t really been seeing each other much and I was kind of just working at the [WWE Performance Center] and doing the NXT shows and she was, like, on tour. I believe she was on tour right before the match because the match was in August and WWE goes to Europe in November, so, like, she was gone. It was kind of hard to communicate and stuff. I think we may have talked over it once at the PC and then the day of. Like, we didn’t see each other till the day of because she also had a SummerSlam match the next night, so she was preparing for all that and she had appearances leading up to it, I had appearances leading up to it, and we didn’t really talk-talk until, like, the night of. But we both had our own ideas and we both went over stuff that one time we did get to meet.”

Her reaction to other Horsewomen getting called up to main roster prior to her:

“Well, at first, I was a little bummed out because I always thought that myself, Becky, Charlotte, and Sasha would have gone up together and kind of be, in a perfect world, we were going to be this cool faction and then takeover and whatever, change things and stuff like that, but [WWE officials] had a different plan.”

Always being seen as the weak link of the Four Horsewomen:

“I was like, ‘I’m going to prove I don’t need Sasha or Becky or Charlotte to have good matches or we don’t need them to carry the division anymore.’ Like, I wanted to prove that I can do it on my own because in my eyes, I was always kind of seen as the weaker link of the four, so I always wanted to prove to everybody, like, ‘I can do this too and I can help people, lead people, and carry the division,’ so it was a huge honor and I was so happy to be able to, like, carry the championship for that amount of time and then to pass it on to Asuka when it was time and all that. So it was a great [time]. I still think that was probably my most valuable time of my career. I just learned so much in that time.”