WWE Hall Of Famer Bret Hart has announced that he is now 100 percent cancer-free. “The Hitman” noted that after one year of undergoing surgery for prostate cancer he is now back in the gym. Although it was a tough battle for the Canadian professional wrestling legend, he benefited from detecting the illness early, per a report from Blooms Magazine.

This isn’t Bret’s first run-in with health issues, as the 59-year-old suffered a stroke back in 2002 that left him partially paralyzed. Fortunately Hart was able to make a full recovery.

“You know, it’s so critical for me to stress … that it’s just a blood test,” Hart said as he urged men to get screened for prostate cancer. You gotta go in and get a blood test. If you’re a man over 40, you need to go in.

“You don’t want to be like my brother, Smith, who’s a guy that didn’t worry about it and it’s too late now. If you’ve got prostate cancer, if you don’t catch it early, you could die from it. And if you catch it early, you can live a pretty normal life. I would say I’m pretty close to normal.”