One of the biggest stories to watch in 2018 will be whether or not WWE clears Daniel Bryan to wrestle again. Bryan was forced into retirement back in February 2016 due to the numerous concussions he sustained throughout his career. Since then, several neurologists have given him the green light to step back in the ring.

WWE COO Triple H maintains that WWE has still not cleared Bryan to compete and is adamant that there will be no exceptions if WWE’s medical staff feels the risks to the performer are too high.

While speaking at the Television Critics Association winter press tour panel to promote the upcoming RAW 25 special, Triple H shed new light on the situation.

”There can be no exception, medically,” he says. “If the belief is that he’s not healthy enough and it is a risk for to perform, then I don’t know why we would ever allow him to step in the ring unless it can be proven otherwise.”

“We have some of the best medical people in the world working for us. Our wellness policy, our concussion programs, our protocols–I’ll put them up against any on the planet. The medical experts will make the determination of whether Bryan can set foot in that ring or not,” Triple H explains.

“Personally, for him, I know it’s something he loved doing and I hope he has that opportunity. But at the same point in time, he’s married and has a child. We serve the human being first.”

It’s believed that Daniel Bryan’s WWE contract runs through this summer, at which point he could become a free agent and wrestle elsewhere.