Eddie Edwards suffered a gruesome injury over at a weekend Impact TV taping at the hands of Sami Callihan. After losing to Edwards in a singles match, Callihan delivered a post-match beatdown that involved a steel chair and a baseball bat.

Callihan accidentally struck Edwards in the head with the bat, which led to him bleeding profusely and being taken to the hospital. It was an ugly sight that demonstrated once again how dangerous the sport of pro wrestling can be, even when performed by trained professionals.

On Sunday, Edwards posted an update saying he suffered a couple broken bones, cuts, and a black eye.

Thanks to everyone checkin in. Im good, couple broken bones couple cuts and a sweet black eye. Somedays youre the bat, somedays youre my eye

— Eddie Edwards (@TheEddieEdwards) January 14, 2018

PWInsider reports that Edwards underwent a CT scan which revealed several broken bones in his face as well as a broken nose. His cuts were glued shut.

Edwards provided another update later on Sunday afternoon:

Not like I was gonna let a little baseball bat to the face stop me from watching my @Patriots last night #Patriots #AiP pic.twitter.com/iFE422UWRL

— Eddie Edwards (@TheEddieEdwards) January 14, 2018