– Former WWE Champion Chris Jericho recently did an interview with The Cult of Whatever and discussed his debut with the company. Back in 1999 the WWE had been airing a “Countdown To The Millenium” before the year 2000. On the August 9th episode of RAW in 1999, during a promo by The Rock, Chris Jericho came out to make his debut after departing from WCW. Jericho told The Cult Of Whatever that he believes he ‘definitely’ has one of the best WWE debuts ever:

“It was definitely one of the best debuts ever,” said Jericho. “I came up with the idea of the countdown clock and Vince McMahon came up with the idea of having the clock end right in the middle of Rocks promo. I think that is the biggest reaction I had ever got, a lot of people knew it was going to me but there were also a lot of people that didn’t have a clue. It was a different world back then, the internet wasn’t like it is today, these days you would just go online and you can find things out right away but it wasn’t like that then.”

– Today marks the 10 year anniversary that The New Day’s Kofi Kingston made his WWE debut on an episode of ECW with a win over David Owen. Kingston took to Instagram to reflect on the milestone:

“Reflection: 10 years…
• I was just a skinny kid from a small town with aspirations of becoming a pro wrestler. On January 22 of 2008 in Charlottesville, Virginia, I officially became a WWE superstar. I didn’t know where it would lead, but I knew that it was the most important step toward accomplishing my childhood dream.
• I’ve seen many people come and go. I’ve even seen a few come back! I’ve made many close friends along the way. Some who’ve been alongside me from the beginning as our careers progressed together. Some who were very close, but through circumstance I have regrettably fallen out of their favor. I’ve made close friends with many who weren’t as fortunate to make it to the grand stage, but I’ve also had the joy of watching other grind relentlessly on their journeys for years and finally get their opportunity to shine.
• I’ve had so many great teachers, including the rare opportunity to benefit from the tutelage of many of the very people I watched on tv who motivated me as a child to believe that I could actually achieve this fantasy.
• This career has led me to interact with a lot of great people; from the famous, to fans, to social media hecklers, to people I met as they were child fans that I’ve watched grow into adult fans, to crew and employees who don’t get enough credit for their role in making WWE operate behind the scenes.
• I am thankful for my family, who has backed me throughout my quest despite it’s unorthodox nature. I have an amazing and gorgeous Superwife who has been as supportive of me now as she was the day I told her that I wanted to chase this dream. She has given me two beautiful, healthy sons and without her Super-Momnipotence, I surely wouldn’t have been able to reach this point.
• A full decade later, here I am, alongside my two brothers, biting on Booty O’s, ingesting ice cream, feasting on flapjacks, preaching positivity, making magic, while we commute upon unicorns. For that I am eternally grateful and there isn’t a single day that I take any of this for granted.
• No matter how large or small the interaction, everyone with whom I have crossed paths has been a part of this journey. Thank you all for these last 10 years.”