Vince McMahon’s XFL re-launch announcement has been met with more questions than answers. Many in the media are wondering why the much-maligned league would make a comeback.

Vince took the time to answer questions on several topics to media members following the announcement.

One of the bigger questions football fans have is whether or not the XFL will allow protests or kneeling during the anthem.

Vince has said social and political causes have no place in his football league. “People don’t want social and political issues coming into play when they are trying to be entertained,” McMahon told ESPN. “We want someone who wants to take a knee to do their version of that on their personal time.”

Vince was also asked if he felt President Donald Trump would support his vision of football. Vince’s wife Linda serves in President Trump’s administration. “I have no idea whether or not President Trump will support this,” McMahon said.

“Let me say as far as our league is concerned it will have nothing to do with politics, and nothing to do with social issues either. We’re there to play football. We want really good football, and that’s what the fans want too.

“When they tune in I don’t know if they want to be dealing with social issues and things of that nature. And that’s what we’re going to deliver.”

Asked about the unique set of rules the league is promising, Vince stated that there will be a firm set of instructions for all players.

“There will be a booklet to make sure that all the players understand the rules.” McMahon said.

“We intend for everyone to abide by those rules. As far as the national anthem is concerned, I think this: the national anthem is a time-honored tradition that is played to this day and many years in the past in our country; whatever our rules are what our players will abide by.”

Asked about allowing players with criminal records into the league, Vince said “The quality of the human being is important,”

“You want someone that has does not have any criminality whatsoever associated with them. In the XFL, If you have a DUI (driving under the influence) you will not play in the XFL.”