NJPW star Kenny Omega spoke with Sports Illustrated for this week’s Week In Wrestling feature and had strong praise for WWE Superstar The New Day.

In speaking with Justin Barrasso, Omega said he keeps up with WWE television and sees The New Day as having the “total package” of athleticism, in-ring ability and charisma.

“They’re three of my favorite guys in the entire company,” said Omega. “They clearly know how to entertain, and they’re all great athletes.”

NJPW’s Wrestle Kingdom event earlier this month featured WWE legend (and free agent) Chris Jericho crossing over to battle Omega in match most fans never expected to see. Omega has been outspoken about wanting to find a way to work with WWE to make a match happen between The Elite and The New Day.

Despite New Day’s success, their act has not evolved a lot in recent years. When asked if WWE has them boxed into a certain role, Omega was quick to prop them all up.

“When I see Big E, I clearly see someone who could be world champion,” said Omega. “The guy is on another level. Kofi is one of those guys who is good in all situations and can challenge for all titles, and Xavier is another great athlete who is talented in the ring and confident on the mic.”

Having such a high opinion of the New Day, Omega says he’s seen their stagnation as an indication of what might be in store for him if he ever joined WWE.

“It’s things like that that really make me think twice about what I would be getting into if eventually I do go there,” said Omega.