Former NXT Champion Drew McIntyre will be inducted into the ICW Hall Of Fame later this evening. The icon of Scottish wrestling helped grow and define Insane Championship Wrestling into the phenomenon they are today.

McIntyre (known as Galloway on the independent scene) had two stints for the company, his first back in 2006 when he appeared at the company’s inaugural event and became their first ever Heavyweight Champion and his second followed his 2014 release from WWE. Drew’s run from 2014-2017 completely reignited his career and fundamentally changed the course of ICW’s already incredible success story.

Two of ICW’s biggest stars Lionheart and Wolfgang took to Twitter to congratulate the ‘Chosen One’ for his many accomplishments. Wolfgang, who is currently a member of the WWE United Kingdom roster paid special tribute to the legend, stating that “He was there my first day of training in 03 Without him laying the ground work before leaving in 07 returning in 14 to put Scotland on the world map we may never have got this far.”

Following a bit of inspiration from @WolfgangYoung earlier… I think we probably took for granted just how lucky we were to have someone like Drew driving Scottish Wrestling onto the global map… Forever inspiring all of us to be better… Monday will be special #ThankyouDrew pic.twitter.com/jZUpVCfsXO

— LionheartUK (@LionheartUK) February 7, 2018

Monday Scotlands true world champ @DMcIntyreWWE returns #ICW as hes rightfully inducted into t HOF
He was there my first day of training in 03 Without him laying the ground work before leaving in 07 returning in 14 to put Scotland on the world map we may never have got this far pic.twitter.com/A0o96OOutS

— Wolfgang (@WolfgangYoung) February 7, 2018

The one thing Ive always valued above all else is respect from my peers. They see all the real hard work that goes on backstage. Thank you brother, it’s a team effort and Monday will be very special https://t.co/DhO1FjJSDm

— Drew McIntyre (@DMcIntyreWWE) February 7, 2018