Despite speculation he would finally leave the company, Dolph Ziggler recently signed a new deal with WWE.

Some felt Ziggler might test free-agency or the freelance pro-wrestling market. Others felt he might leave the company to pursue other interests, such as stand-up comedy. It turns out, however, Ziggler isn’t going anywhere as a result of a “sweetheart deal” offered to him by WWE.

According to a report from Sports Illustrated, Dolph Ziggler has signed a 2-year deal with the company worth $1.5 million per year. The report continues to state that while it has been reported that negotiations with Ziggler came down to the wire, he was always expected to re-sign.

Since vacating the United States championship, Ziggler was off television for nearly two months. He returned as the #30 entrant in the Royal Rumble. Following the Rumble, he was given an opportunity to earn entry into the WWE championship match at Fastlane. He was added to the Fastlane main event after defeated Sami Zayn on Tuesday night. Perhaps Ziggler’s sweetheart deal is part of WWE storyline as well.

Ahh, I see my agent finally returned your calls. He tells me you agree to the wrestlemania implications, in my rider…

We’ll let you know.

Here Comes The Money, indeed

— Dolph Ziggler (@HEELZiggler) February 8, 2018