WWE Superstar Rusev recently did an interview with Wrestling Inc. to talk about several professional wrestling topics. “The Bulgarian Brute” discussed what “Rusev Day” meant to him and the passion behind it:

“It’s more than just a catchphrase – it’s a mentality. t’s celebrating yourself; celebrating who you are. It’s more than just catchphrase. If you think about it, it’s Rusev Day. So it’s more than that. People understand that, and the passion behind it. That’s why people get behind it, and it’s just been amazing to see.”

Rusev also said that he feels very proud that the “Rusev Day” chant has really taken off with the WWE Universe:

“It just makes me proud. Every time I hear someone say ‘Rusev Day’, it makes me smile. The fact that I was a bad guy, a foreigner that never wanted – that wanted to get out of there, to be able to just have fun, to be ‘you’. It’s good, man. It’s a good feeling. It’s the best time of my career, the most fun of my career. Right along the time I was feuding with Lana.”

He also revealed that his initial pairing with Aiden English was meant to be a joke, but the pair ended up hitting it off:

“I have no idea whose idea it was. It was uh… it was supposed to be a joke, a one-time thing. But then we just hit it off. It was right; the chemistry – and we were playing off each other. The people started loving it since the beginning. So it was a no-brainer for us to be together, for us to keep doing magic.”