Don Callis is firing back at those criticizing Impact Wrestling over recent departures.

It’s no secret that times have changed at Impact Wrestling. With Dixie Carter and Jeff Jarrett out of the picture, president Ed Nordholm has placed Callis and Scott D’Amore at the helm to help steer the company into a positive direction. Changes at the top have also led to talent departures.

Notable names such as EC3, Lashley, and even Jeremy Borash have departed. EC3 and Borash have made the jump to WWE’s NXT brand, while reports claim that Lashley wants a WWE return and the feeling is mutual.

While Callis admitted to Metro.co.uk that the talent changes can’t be ignored, he also said people are only looking at the negatives:

“Here’s the problem with the narrative that goes around with that. I’m not knocking wrestling journalism because it is what it is, but the narrative that’s been kicking around is that all these people are leaving. That’s fine, and that’s true, but the context is not there. Are we okay with them leaving based on the new talent? They talk about who has left, but a lot less about who came. Yes, EC3 is a tremendous performer, he’s gone on to NXT and we wish him all the best. But, people just say he’s left, they don’t say that Brian Cage or Austin Aries debuted.”

Callis believes the best has yet to come as far as talent is concerned.

“We use a lot of sports analogies around here. If you have new Head Coach for a team, they’re going to change talent and they’re going to draft new players that fit their particular system. That’s what we’re doing. It is a process, there will be more people coming in. And we also have Alberto El Patron, who to me is one of the best pieces of talent I’ve ever seen in this business since I was seven-years-old.”