WWE recently posted an interview with AJ Styles reacting to the news of Jeff Jarrett’s Hall of Fame induction.

Styles and Jarrett have a history together. When Jarrett was running the show for TNA Wrestling, now known as Impact Wrestling, Jarrett relied on Styles to be the top guy. “The Phenomenal One” used to be referred to as “Mr. TNA.”

During the interview, Styles expressed his joy with Jarrett’s induction:

“When I heard that Jeff Jarrett was being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame I was super excited, so excited for him. Listen, Jeff started in the WWE. There were other things before that, but WWE is where he made a name for himself I think. I’ve worked with Jeff a lot. I’ve got to know Jeff personally, so (with) everything that he’s done for me I can’t help but be excited for him and proud that he’s gonna be in the WWE Hall of Fame.”

Styles also said that Jarrett has had to deal with adversity in his personal life.

“Well I’ve gotta tell you, Jeff has been through a lot with his wife passing. I was with him during that. It was a tough time for him, but for everything that he’s been through and to fight through, I’m just glad to be a friend of his. He’s got a great family and (I’m) just glad to be around him.”