Earlier today (Feb. 24), Beretta was scheduled to challenge Dalton Castle for the Ring of Honor World title. Before the match began, The Beer City Bruiser walked in the ring and demanded that he be added to the match. Castle accepted and the bout turned into a three-way match.

The reason for this is that Beretta has been working injured. F4W Online reported that Beretta tore his triceps during a match with Chuck Taylor at a PWG event. The former NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team champion took to Twitter to confirm he will be taking some time off:

Hey I ripped two of my body parts last week at pwg and now I have to take a some time off from fighting see ya

— TRENT? (@trentylocks) February 24, 2018

Dalton Castle vs. Jay Lethal had been booked for ROH 16th Anniversary prior to Honor Rising. The question remained, would Castle walk into the show as ROH World champion? As mentioned above, Castle put his gold on the line against Beretta and The Beer City Bruiser.

Castle pinned The Beer City Bruiser with a dead lift German Suplex to successfully defend his championship. His title defense against Letal has now been made official for the ROH 16th Anniversary show. The event takes place in Las Vegas on March 9. Big names such as The Young Bucks and Cody will also be competing on the card.