With Roman Reigns winning the men’s Elimination Chamber match at Sunday’s PPV, many fans of the WWE Universe have continued the negative chants that accompany every Roman Reigns win. Immediately after Sunday’s PPV, Roman Reigns talked with ESPN.

There were points during Sunday’s main event where jeers and taunts, directed at Reigns, could be heard above anything else. During the match “Just Not Roman” was audible while multiple competitors were still in the chamber, while “Same Old Sh*t” was chanted when Roman was declared the winner. Here are Reigns’ comments on the negativity from crowds:

“There’s a lot of situations where you just have to learn by fire. You get thrown into the deep end and you have to learn how to swim. For me, I just try to take it in stride and go out there and do my thing and handle it how I have. That’s the only way I can really respond is going out there and being me, and that’s the truest way to do it. I’m not going to change me to please other people.”

Reigns also commented on how UFC lightweight champion, Daniel Cormier could be seen ringside at the PPV on Sunday cheering as he won the mainevent. Cormier also taunted anyone close-by who booed Roman’s victory. Reigns explained that he was flattered to see someone like Cormier at the event and that it was awesome.

Looking forward at his WrestleMania match with Brock Lesnar, Roman explained that the crossover between MMA/UFC with WWE creates a greater level of mystique. Fans of MMA will know just how brutal the likes of Brock Lesnar and Ronda Rousey are; seeing them in the Octagon before entering WWE adds an extra veil to the reality of sports entertainment and kayfabe.

Although his interview with ESPN was respectful and polite, last night’s RAW saw the other side Reigns as he drilled into his missing opponent starting the feud that will culminate in the match at WrestleMania in April.