Eddie Edwards defeated Sami Callihan this week on Impact Wrestling but was attacked after the match by his opponent. During the post-match beatdown, Callihan placed a folding chair on top of Edwards and struck it with a baseball bat. The bat grazed the chair and then struck Edwards in the head.

This is exclusive behind the scenes footage of @TheEddieEdwards moments after @TheSamiCallihan brutally struck him in the face with a baseball bat. It includes alternate angles of the incident that weren't seen last night and is tough to watch. pic.twitter.com/RdxAWM6DMG

— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) March 2, 2018

Eddie Edwards spoke to TMZ Sports about the incident:

Edwards suffered a broken nose and orbital bone.

Jim Cornette was not impressed and expressed as much below:

OK, I just saw this for the first time– @TheEddieEdwards should have beat the shit out of this stupid fuck–he set it up shoddy, was careless with his shitty swing & they shouldn't have been doing it to begin with. Who the fuck "trained" @TheSamiCallihan ? I'm fucking hot.

— Jim Cornette (@TheJimCornette) March 2, 2018

This hurts Jimmy…. I’ll just keep watching my bank account go up.

— Callihan Death Machine (@TheSamiCallihan) March 2, 2018

Kassius Ohno was not impressed with Callihan’s response to Cornette:

Really? Really? There is ZERO correlation between how much money you make & what happened in that ring. You should be embarrassed. ASHAMED.

— KASSIUS (KASH-US) (@KassiusOhno) March 3, 2018

Callihan also talked to TMZ Sports about the incident:

Impact Wrestling’s “Cross Roads” show next week will feature 4 championship matches. Eddie Edwards will team with Lashley to take on oVe.