Rich Swann recently expressed frustration with promoters refusing to book him due to the criminal charges filed against him late last year.

He compared his situation to hardcore wrestler, Nick Gage, who was convicted of a bank robbery in 2010.

Oh we cant a accused person on our show….oh lets get this bank robber on lol

— Richard Swann (@GottaGetSwann) March 7, 2018

It’s not clear which promotion Swann is referring to. Gage wrestles for several independent promotions.

This led Gage to respond:

if you got something to say just say it bud you aint gonna hurt my feelings cuz i dont have any but if you got a problem we can definetly solve it real quick let me know @GottaGetSwann MDK https://t.co/vJpODjFlxJ

— Nick FN Gage (@thekingnickgage) March 7, 2018

All im tryin to say is promoters are fickle thats all. I aint never had no problem with you my brotha.

— Richard Swann (@GottaGetSwann) March 7, 2018

Swann then seemingly announced his retirement:

After all the bookings ive taken im so scared to step in the ring but i cant wait lol. But after there done i will be retiring. Thank you for taking the chance on my name

— Richard Swann (@GottaGetSwann) March 8, 2018

At the time of his departure from WWE, Swann had been under suspension since December 10th, 2017 as a result of charges filed against him for battery, kidnapping and false imprisonment. Witnesses allege to have seen Swann put his wife, wrestler Su Yung, in a headlock after she fled a vehicle which she had been traveling in with Swann.

WWE announced shortly after his arrest that if he was found guilty he would be released immediately. All charges were eventually dropped against Swann but his WWE career ended all the same. News of his WWE departure came on February 15th, 2018, Swann’s 27th birthday.