During a recent appearance for the Northeast Wrestling promotion earlier this month, former WWE World Heavyweight Champion Rey Mysterio suffered a bicep injury in the middle of his Tag Team match. Mysterio was still able to move his arm after the injury, however, had it been a complete tear he wouldn’t have been able to move it at all. As a result of the injury Mysterio did, and will continue to, miss some dates he was scheduled for.

Dave Meltzer recently discussed Mysterio’s injury on the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio and reports that the Mexican star is expected to miss a month of action. His status for the upcoming Long Beach show is currently unknown as it happens in two weeks from now:

“He was in Lexington yesterday and he said he would be out of action for one month. Now the long Beach show is two weeks from today and he said he didn’t know. At least I am going to say it’s touch and go. It may just be go. We’ll probably know in a day or two. I think he may wait until the end because he probably has this idea.

“If he can possibly do it because it’s New Japan then he will do it, but I think there is a recognition that he may not be ready in time.”