WWE RAW Tag Team Champions Cesaro and Sheamus recently appeared on E&C’s Pod Of Awesomeness to talk about various topics.

Cesaro went from a singles competitor to a tag team performer with Sheamus. If you recall, they were in the middle of a best-of-7 series of matches against one another when then-RAW General Manager and WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley put them together as a tag team.

Sheamus and Cesaro have gone on to be very successful, winning the Raw Tag Team Championships 3 times so far.

“It gave us a chance to show more personality and give both of us a chance to play off each other.” Cesaro explained, “while you’re out there by yourself, you don’t really have anybody to play off of, but if Sheamus is out there, I know that even if something gets messed up, or one of us gets lost, or I miss my cue, then, we can play it off no matter what.”

“If you take a step back and look at it, I’m definitely happy to be there, but, then again, I’m not happy to be there. And I think that’s what helps about teaming with Sheamus, anytime one of us is down, do you know what I mean, goes through something, the other one is there and we can talk. It’s like good cop/bad cop. If Sheamus is down, I pick him up and if I’m down, he picks me up. And that I think is a good thing. Cesaro elaborated, “sometimes, when you’re by yourself, it’s really easy to dig yourself into a hole and be unhappy. But I know when it comes down to it, when I walk through t
he curtain, I’m out there with Sheamus and I know we’re going to have a blast no matter what. And I think that really helps.”

Sheamus also noted that he believes his tag team partner will become World Champion one day.

“I think for Cesaro, everyone wants it and when it does happen, man, it’s going to mean so much more.” Sheamus continued, “we’ll tag team for as long as possible, but then we’ll get in the situation again of maybe we’ll go away for a bit, but we’ll always have this. There will be a time when we both go singles and Cesaro, like, I’ve said it many times in interviews. The fact that he hasn’t been world champion already is an absolute crime, but it’s going to happen. I know it will because there’s no one more determined than him, and when it does, it’s going to be an epic moment.”