Former WWE Superstar James Ellsworth was recently interviewed by Andy Malnoske of Wrestling Inc. to talk about several professional wrestling topics. Ellsworth first talked about fans probably being uncomfortable with him being presented as Carmella’s ‘pet’ on WWE TV during their time together on SmackDown Live:

“I was OK with doing it, who wouldn’t? It’s Carmella,” Ellsworth said. “But to me, I thought the fans thought it was weird, so I’m glad it didn’t last long. But again, I personally didn’t mind it but I think it was weird for people to watch.”

Ellsworth was released from his WWE deal back in November and has been working the independent circuit ever since. He has since established an Intergender Championship that he plans on defending. When asked who he’d like to defend the belt against, Ellsworth named former WWE Superstar Tenille Dashwood (a.k.a. Emma):

“I’m wrestling Emma next month who’s also in the indies, she goes by Tenille Dashwood now. I think on the independent scene she’s probably the biggest name that’s a girl,” he said. “I would love to wrestle Carmella for it, that would be cool, I think people would love that. But yeah, as far as the indies go I can’t wait to get in the ring with Emma next month, I think that will get a lot of people talking.”

He was then asked about his thoughts on WWE bringing in former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey. Ellsworth said he believes the relationship will be mutually beneficial for both WWE and Rousey, and thinks Rousey will surprise some people with how good she’ll be in the ring:

“I mean, she’s one of the biggest stars in the world. As far as star power, she’s great for WWE. It’s good for both, it’s good for her and WWE, I think it’s a good relationship with them too,” he said. “I think both parties will make a lot of money off of her being there. She’s awesome and she’s been working hard in the ring and I think she’s gonna surprise a lot of people and be a really, really good wrestler.”