Multiple time WWE Champion John Cena spoke with ESPN about his challenge to The Undertaker at WrestleMania 34. As of this writing, Taker had yet to accept the challenge but will reportedly do so soon.

For years now, The Undertaker has been a top guy for the sports entertainment company. He has feuded with the biggest names in the history of professional wrestling including Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, The Rock, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Triple H and the list goes on and on.

He has held nearly every title that the company has to offer. Taker has had a great career with the sports entertainment company.

Over the past few years, he has gone from being a full-time talent to a part-timer. After years of speculation of when Taker would retire from pro wrestling, it was almost certain that he had his farewell at WrestleMania 33 in the main event against Roman Reigns last year in Orlando, Florida. However, that is not the case.

“At my core, I’m a fan. I’m a member of the WWE universe and I’ve thought about this a lot. I was emotionally moved when the streak was broken. Last year was an emotional performance. Then you get closer and closer to WrestleMania, and you realize it’s not a WrestleMania without The Undertaker. You hold the ticket in your hand and you realize a portion of that ticket goes to hearing his music, seeing The Undertaker. That is WrestleMania. I know there will come a day where that changes — I just don’t think it’s now. Whether it happens or not, it is officially out of my hands, and I think it’s out of everyone else’s hands except one person.”

“If it does happen, I don’t think anyone who buys a ticket to WrestleMania will walk away throwing the stub up in the air going, ‘I wish he wouldn’t have showed up.’ I hope he does. I hope he understands the impact that he has on the current WWE Universe. He is WrestleMania.”

WrestleMania 34 is set to be held on Sunday, April 8, 2018, at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana. This event airs on pay-per-view and WWE Network. It’s the most successful and longest-running professional wrestling event in history. Both Raw and SmackDown rosters will be featured.