Impact Wrestling play-by-play announcer Josh Mathews recently spoke with Sportskeeda.com to talk about various topics. During the interview, he was asked about Jeremy Borash’s departure from the promotion.

This is a significant loss for Impact Wrestling since Borash was a major part of the company behind the scenes since its founding in 2002.

At the time of his reported departure, there was speculation if Borash would work with Matt Hardy as he was also considered to be one of the creative forces behind the “Broken” segments in Impact Wrestling.

Borash has reportedly been placed in NXT, which is overseen by Triple H, and even worked as a producer for the recent Ultimate Deletion match between Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt that aired on this week’s episode of SmackDown Live in Dallas, Texas at the American Airlines Center on the USA Network.

“My immediate reaction was that I was happy for him. I don’t remember who called me in the morning to tell me that we had to do a change in our VO schedule and that Sonjay was coming in. I was happy for JB. I’ve talked to JB a few times since then. And I’m happy for him.

But I’m also happy for Impact because JB leaving opened up an opportunity for Sonjay Dutt to come along and show everyone his skills as a colour commentator. And I think he’s done an outstanding job thus far. And it’s only really been just the beginning. Wrestling commentary is hard because you have to be dialled into every storyline that’s happening on Impact.

Not only the storylines that are happening but all the shows in California, shows in Canada, WrestleCon, Twitch, GWN. Sonjay has a good idea of what’s happening. That translates each and every week on Impact.”