It seems that some fans have been poking at WWE Hall Of Famer Edge for one last match after SmackDown Live General Manager Daniel Bryan was cleared to return to the ring by WWE. The belief seems to be that since Bryan was cleared to return that “The Rated-R Superstar” could as well – but of course – it’s much more complicated than that. Edge recently addressed this on the latest episode of he and Christian’s podcast, E&C’s Pod Of Awesomeness.

Edge said that, while he appreciates fans wanting to see one more match out of him, his injury is significantly different from Bryan’s and he’ll never get cleared for a return by WWE:

“I greatly appreciate that people would like to see me have one more match or come back or ‘Daniel Bryan got cleared so why can’t you?’ I will never be cleared. Mine is a completely different injury. He had neck issues, but it wasn’t neck issues that retired him initially, it was the concussion issues. I never had concussion issues. What I have is cervical spinal stenosis, look it up.”

Christian then joked that Edge had “stupid neck” and the former WWE Champ continued on with the joke before urging fans to look up his injury to see for themselves that WWE could never clear him with the injury he’s suffering from:

“I have stupid neck, just look it up. You can look up ‘stupid neck’ and they’ll probably be a picture of my neck. Just do me a favor and look it up and you will realize that the WWE will never medically clear me to compete again. And I appreciate it, but that’s all there is to that.”