SmackDown Live General Manager Daniel Bryan recently did an interview with The National to talk about several professional wrestling topics. Bryan first discussed what its been like working alongside SmackDown Commissioner Shane McMahon:

“I have really liked working with Shane. One of the things that is really nice about Shane is that he is a positive person. When we first started working together it was really interesting because we were shooting a shot back stage and it didn’t go as planned because the camera guy was new. But he didn’t chew him out or anything like that.

“‘Hey man, welcome here. This is how we do things here so next time do it like this’. And that is a great way for a leader to talk to people who work for him rather than being ‘Argh, you idiot, what are you doing’. So yeah, I really enjoy working with him.””

He then discussed his ongoing storyline with McMahon, Kevin Owens, and Sami Zayn on SmackDown. It’s expected Bryan will team with Shane against Owens and Zayn in a Tag Team match at WrestleMania 34 next month:

“I think there is so much that is similar between me, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens. In terms of where we come from and also kind of the perception of some of the people in the office about Sami and Kevin and the way that people perceived me as far as thinking ‘Sami Zayn does not have the look to be a top level WWE superstar’.

“But he has the ability. Like people connect with him and I think the same thing with Kevin Owens and I think that makes it a very natural storyline to tell.”