Cody has acknowledged his actions at NJPW Strong Style Evolved.

In the main event of the AXS TV live special, The Young Bucks competed against the Golden Lovers in a tag team dream match. The contest lived up to the hype and at the end of it, it was Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi who picked up the win. Drama ensued after the match was over.

Cody ran down to the ring and got in Matt Jackson’s face for eating the pin. Nick Jackson tried to calm Cody down, but was shoved to the mat for his efforts. Cody took off his blazer and looked ready to attack his “friends” when the Golden Lovers returned to the ring to make the save.

Cody took to Twitter to issue an “apology:”

“It is with a heavy heart and the hope that this will be read by open minds, that I release this statement.

Nick Jackson is my friend. At the climax of last night’s “Strong Style Evolved” it appeared that I deliberately, and with malice, shoved him to the mat. That was 100% not the case.

After having just witnessed one of the most unbelievable matches of my generation, I became frustrated as I (like many others in attendance and watching at home) was hoping for a different result. My frustration was my undoing. In a misguided attempt to motivate Matt Jackson, I became so unaware of my surroundings…I assumed it was Kenny Omega who grabbed me by the arm and instinctually I shoved him backwards outta’ self defense. Imagine my horror upon seeing that it was my best friend Nick.

This is the truth.

A truth I hope the fans and my peers can respect and understand. Regardless, I formally apologize to Nick, Matt, and the entire Massie family.

Thank you.”