For years now, fans have wanted to see AJ Styles compete in a WWE ring and now that has happened, he is a main event player for the sports entertainment company.

Styles first appeared on WWE television in 2002 but turned down a developmental contract he was offered by the company.

He signed a multi-year contract with WWE fourteen years later in January 2016 and made his re-debut at that month’s Royal Rumble. After appearing at his first WrestleMania that April against Chris Jericho, Styles headlined multiple pay-per-view events and won winning WWE Championship at Backlash in September.

He held the title up until 2017’s edition of the Royal Rumble in January. Styles has also won the United States Championship twice. He then won the WWE Title in late 2017.

The WWE Champion was recently interviewed by Raute Musik to promote WrestleMania 34 where he is slated to defend the WWE Title against Shinsuke Nakamura.

During the interview, he was asked if he will renew with the WWE after his contract expires and if he has plans for what he will do after retiring from in-ring competition. Here is what he had to say:

“I don’t see why not if I can still do what I do. Like, if I can still be AJ Styles, then I would like to keep working in the WWE in a talent form, so as long as I can keep going, then I would like to keep working here.”

“I think there is definitely going to be a time to just sit and chill with the family, but a guy like me just doesn’t sit at at home, so I would like to get back on the road, either as an Agent, or more importantly, become a Trainer of some sort. Who knows what will be around in WWE by the time I retire. There may be a better job than that.”