You could make an argument that the Attitude Era in the WWE would not be the same without two WWE Hall of Famers.

Those WWE Legends are Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler, who have called some of the biggest and historic matches/segments in the history of the sports entertainment company.

They were featured on the Raw brand for the majority of their time with the WWE. It’s safe to say that they are if not the best commentary team, they are at least in that conversation that was ever put together by WWE Chairman Vince McMahon.

Jim Ross was a recent guest on WrestleZone Radio. During the interview, he commented on the criticism of his commentary at the recent NJPW Strong Style Evolved event. Here is what he had to say:

“I read some of the criticisms about my work and the broadcast in general but essentially people want, the die-hards who follow New Japan World, they want their team. They want Kevin Kelly and Don Callis to do the show. I don’t blame them. I don’t even get mad about it. The only thing that gets frustrating is when you’ve got wrestling fans who’ve got like 40 followers on Twitter that tell you, “your career sucks,” and that you should be dead or not allowed to be on television. That’s kind of crude, I think. Does that really feel necessary for not knowing the certain name of a certain hold?

I have a pet peeve about that deal, to be honest with you. A bodyslam is a God damned bodyslam. You can give it 18 different names to sell t-shirts, that’s fine and I don’t care but to me it’s a bodyslam. We find ourselves talking about this variant or that variant and worry about not pissing off the talent because we didn’t give their hold a name or use the name they use in their niche marketing. I find it almost embarrassing to be quite frank about it.

I enjoyed the show, I enjoyed working with New Japan, I love working with the guys who produce AXS TV.”