Paul Heyman will walk down to the ring alongside Brock Lesnar for the main event at WrestleMania 34 this weekend but if he has his way, he’d love the opportunity to work with his opponent Roman Reigns as well.

It’s no secret that Reigns has remained one of the biggest superstars on the WWE roster and fans generally feel passionately about him — either he’s beloved or he’s despised and there doesn’t seem to be much of a middle ground.

Perhaps one of the biggest shortcomings during Reigns’ WWE career has been his inability to really cut a solid promo, which is a staple for most athletes that transcend from superstar status to icon.

That’s why some have suggested that Reigns teaming up with Heyman would be the best thing for his career as the former ECW owner is typically regarded as the best talker and hype man in professional wrestling today.

If given the chance, Heyman would love to work with Reigns and he believes that the 32-year old veteran performer might already be the biggest commodity on the entire WWE roster if not for his current client who holds the WWE universal championship.

“Three years ago in the buildup to WrestleMania 31 I said straight to Roman Reigns’ face a comment that can be taken as both story line and as reality. Roman Reigns is the right guy, in the right place, at the wrong time,” Heyman told NBC Sports. “In any other time in history, Roman Reigns would be so dominant on top, both in a story line capacity and a box office capacity in WWE. No one would be in his stratosphere. He would absolutely be the Paul Heyman guy for I would be auditioning every single solitary day to define my role as a Roman Reigns guy. We would be sitting here talking about Roman Reigns approaching 1,000 days as the top champion in WWE. There’s no doubt in my mind about this. No one would be in his league.

“But the unfortunate thing for Roman Reigns is that he lives in a time period that is dominated by Brock Lesnar. Brock Lesnar is the only athlete who can go in-between WWE and UFC seamlessly at a top tier, main event level.”

Still given the chance to work together, Heyman believes that he could do great things alongside Reigns while serving as his ‘advocate’ on television.

It’s entirely possible that scenario plays out considering Lesnar is a free agent after WrestleMania 34 and there has been a ton of speculation that he’s considering a return to the UFC rather than signing a new long term deal with WWE.

If Lesnar exits, that could open the door for Heyman to team up with Reigns after WrestleMania 34 is finished.

“Working with Roman Reigns would be an absolute career defining moment for me,” Heyman stated. “I have nothing but the upmost respect and admiration for him as an athlete, a performer, and as a man.”