Paul Heyman only throws his name behind talent he sees something in and it’s evident he sees something in Tommaso Ciampa.

The 32-year-old Ciampa has been involved in a buzz-worthy rivalry with his former tag-team partner, Johnny Gargano, on NXT recently. Gargano was expelled from the brand due to his loss in a career vs title match with Andrade “Cien” Almas. Despite this, he has come back to haunt his rival, Ciampa on several occasions.

Gargano has stocked Ciampa in the NXT parking lot, at his home, and anywhere he can get his hands on him. In response, Ciampa requested an unsanctioned match with Gargano which will take place tonight at Takeover: New Orleans.

There is not a man on this planet that can do what I do quite the way I do it.

I am not a Paul Heyman guy.

I am not a chosen one.

I am not the next Daniel Bryan.

I am Tommaso Ciampa.

This Saturday, the world finds out… #ThisIsMyMoment

— BLACKHEART (@ProjectCiampa) April 5, 2018

Paul Heyman issued the following response to Ciampa’s above Tweet:

. @ProjectCiampa is an individualist. And he's made a declarative statement about it, marking his turf and staking his claim.

This is an important step in the development of a serious @WWENXT superstar.

Well done, Sir. Well done, indeed!

— Paul Heyman (@HeymanHustle) April 6, 2018

Ciampa’s social media game lately has included several taunting photos directed at Johnny Gargano as well as releasing t-shirt designs only to later reveal they will not be going on sale.

Paul Heyman and his Looking 4 Larry agency have recently signed a deal with Banca Studios to produce un-scripted content.