Braun Strowman told WWE.com shortly after defeating the Bar last night that he didn’t really have a plan for choosing a partner. He ended up going into the live crowd to choose a fan at random and ended up picking Nicholas.

The Pro Wrestling Sheet is reporting that Nicholas is actually the son of WWE referee, John Cone.

Last night at WrestleMania 34, Strowman and Nicholas defeated Sheamus and Cesaro to win the Raw tag-team championships. Nicholas even tagged in at one point but never did mix it up with either of the Bar.

In the above video, Strowman explained to WWE.com reporters why he chose Nicholas.

“You know, honestly, I didn’t have a plan coming into WrestleMania. I did a lot of thinking and soul-searching in my time back out in the woods when I’m relaxing by myself and just something about the energy in the air here tonight in New Orleans… something in my heart told me this is what I needed to do. So I went out into the crowd and I found this young man and he helped me pull a victory for both of us tonight here at WrestleMania.”