WWE color commentator Corey Graves had some interesting feelings about the news of former WWE SmackDown General Manager Daniel Bryan being medically cleared to return to in-ring action after a history of suffering concussions.

The reason for such feelings is due to his career as an active wrestler being cut short because of the same reason. In August of 2011, Graves signed a developmental contract with WWE and he was sent to WWE’s developmental territory, Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW).

In the Spring of 2014, he was pulled from action in NXT after suffering a concussion, which caused him to be absent from television for several months. He announced his official in-ring retirement due to his concussion issues in December of that year. It was a bittersweet moment as the door on his wrestling career shut while his career as a commentator began.

Following the 2016 WWE draft, it was announced that Graves would be joining the RAW commentary team. Since then, Graves has brought his entertaining analysis to the main roster by breaking down the matches and storylines on both RAW and SmackDown Live.

Graves was interviewed by Justin LaBar of Triblive to talk about various topics. During the interview, he revealed that he considered trying to get medically cleared to in-ring action after Bryan’s return was announced.

“That day was tough for me. I didn’t know about it. Nobody gave me a heads up. For Bryan, I was stoked. He’s a friend. He’s incredible in the ring. That’s where he belongs. It caught me off guard. I started asking questions to myself, Should I? What if? I had a few conversations with few people [in WWE] who put it out there. If you want to pursue this maybe we can look into it. So I spent about a week and a half weighing the options. It was, do I become a wrestler again and what happens?”

“Exactly. Again, this is all potential of would this work out, do I end up on the sidelines. I talked to my wife, talked to some friends. I think as much as I don’t believe in fate, this all kind of worked itself out so I think this is where I belong so why step out of it?”