While some fans were happy that we at least got to see Undertaker vs. John Cena at WrestleMania, the majority of them were left scratching their heads seeing the whole segment and the short match at the Show of Shows.

And it appears that the WWE Hall of Famer Edge had the same reaction to their short bout as everyone else watching in the arena or from their home.

During the latest episode of his E&C’s Pod of Awesomeness podcast, the former World Champion revealed his reaction to the match saying that there was an opportunity to have a dream match but it felt lost somehow:

“I’ll tell you one, the ‘Taker-Cena thing… I’m confused. Who knows going into it what limitations there are or anything like that but man there’s an opportunity to have a dream match at WrestleMania and it felt lost somehow. I don’t know. ”

Continuing on the topic, the Rated R Superstar gave words to the feeling of fans saying that while he liked the idea of Cena not getting an answer from the Dead Man until the last minute, the whole thing still felt odd:

“It was just odd, I guess, is really what it was for me. It was just odd. … Yeah, that just… I expected one of those Rock-Hogan type moments. I don’t know, the sitting in the crowd and then the [short match]… I don’t know. It was different, I’ll say that.”

One thing Edge is right about is that there were indeed limitations going into the show. Wrestling Observer reveals that Officials had realized Taker couldn’t work a real length match hence they downplayed the bout with the idea being that fans wouldn’t see it as one of the top matches going into the event.

Still, the whole thing will go down as one of the most unusual builds for a WrestleMania match with an even weirder payoff. What did you think of the Undertaker-John Cena match? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section.