Former WWE Superstar Rich Swann made his surprise in-ring return at an indie show on Saturday after seemingly announcing his retirement and staying away from the ring for a month.

Following his WWE release, Swann had announced on Twitter that he will be retiring from Pro Wrestling, after which he had pulled himself from several indie appearances:

After all the bookings ive taken im so scared to step in the ring but i cant wait lol. But after there done i will be retiring. Thank you for taking the chance on my name

— rs (@GottaGetSwann) March 8, 2018

However, he made his surprise in-ring return at last night’s Best of the Best 17 event of CZW and announced that he will be entering the tournament.

He then faced Joe Gacy, Joey Janela, and Brandon Kirk in a Fatal Four-way match where Gacy got a pinfall victory over Swann. Below is a video of his entrance during the show:

Wait what the?#BOTB17 @combatzone pic.twitter.com/BX2yZpTZtt

— Jocay ?? (@Jocay19) April 15, 2018

Rich Swann was suspended by WWE after getting arrested back in December last year. He was involved in an incident with his wife Su Yung and was charged for false imprisonment/kidnapping and misdemeanor battery (touching or striking).

While all charges against him were dropped later on, the former Cruiserweight Champion was never reinstated by the company and instead he was released back in February based on a mutual agreement.

No word yet on if his in-ring return was a one-off deal or if he’ll resume his wrestling career following the appearance but we’ll keep you posted.