The match of Kurt Angle, Ronda Rousey, Stephanie McMahon and Triple H received praise from fans around the world and was considered one of the best matches of the night on WrestleMania 34.

However, during a recent interview with USA Today for promoting the Superstar Shakeup, the Raw General Manager revealed one setback of his WrestleMania return match.

According to Angle, he pulled a muscle in his quad just two days before the event, similar to what happened before his in-ring return at the Survivor Series PPV last year:

“The only setback was, again, because of my overtraining, I pulled a muscle in my quad just like I did before Survivor Series. I was more concerned about that than the match itself. I didn’t want to disappoint anyone. When I was training a couple of days prior, I couldn’t push off of my one leg. And I was like ‘oh God, not again.”

Continuing on the topic, Kurt also talked about how Survivor Series was a big letdown for him as he couldn’t do much and hence he did whatever he had to do to make his Mania match as good as it was.

Apart from this, Kurt Angle also talked about Bobby Lashley’s WWE return and how he wants to see Lashley vs Brock Lesnar somewhere down the line.