Former WWE Champion Chris Jericho recently did an interview with Still Real To Us to talk about several professional wrestling topics. Y2J first offered his thoughts on how the WWE Hall Of Fame differs from the Rock N’ Roll Hall Of Fame:

“I find Hall Of Fame is more for the fans than it is or anybody else. I’ve never been that focused on the Hall Of Fame. I kinda thought it was cool when Axl Rose didn’t show up or Van Halen didn’t show up or being super snotty and kinda being a dick. Like when the Sex Pistols sent in a letter saying they didn’t want to be there, they refused to be mentioned or whatever.

“But I think for the fans it’s kind of a cool buttoning of the whole career. But I just watched the Hall Of Fame and Bon Jovi was up there with all the members and it was cool and then the guy from Dire Straits didn’t show up so it’s kind of an embarrassment. There’s so much drama behind the Rock n Roll Hall Of Fame because you’re talking about bands — the good thing about the WWE Hall Of Fame is it’s just you.”

Jericho still feels that he’s at his peak in his professional wrestling career, and doesn’t think that’s the time one should be inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame. For that reason, the former WWE Champ doesn’t think he’s ready to be inducted quite yet:

“So I imagine I’ll probably show up if I’m ever invited. But I don’t really feel like I’m at that point in my career where I should be in the Hall Of Fame. To me, that’s kinda the end of the road not kind of when you’re at your peak — like what people are saying about the Kenny Omega match and the quality of the match.

“‘It’s the best match of Jericho’s career’ — well jeez if that’s the case then I got nowhere near the Hall Of Fame yet I still have a bunch of great matches left in me it’s not like that was my last ditch one and then I’ll explode into a puff of dust.”