Even though it’s only been a year ago, fans still want to see Goldberg work one more match under the WWE banner.

He finally went to work for WWE Chairman Vince McMahon between 2003 and 2004 where he became a one-time World Heavyweight Champion in the latter.

After twelve years away from the company, he returned to WWE in 2016 and headlined Survivor Series against Brock Lesnar, and Fastlane against Kevin Owens where he won the WWE Universal Championship.

He lost the title to Lesnar at WrestleMania 33 last year in Orlando, Florida. He was last seen on WWE television the night after Mania on Raw.

Goldberg, who was inducted into the 2018 class of the WWE Hall of Fame, spoke with The New York Post to talk about various topics. During the interview, he was asked about a potential return.

“If I never stepped in the ring again, I’m content, dude. I’m completely at peace. I really am. Would I like to do it again? Who knows. It would have to be the right fit. I’d love to do it again for my son [Gage]. Let’s be honest. Everybody knows that. But at the end of the day, you have to be smart about it.”

“There’s no question it would have to be the right opponent. What I was able to accomplish last year was really special, and I don’t want to take anything away from that by any stretch of the imagination, devalue my place in the Hall of Fame and my stature to the fans.”

Goldberg was also asked about his relationship with McMahon. He stated, “I never wanted to anything with this business ever again after my first [WWE] tenure and to experience what I experienced this last time, he’s the man that made it happen, period, end of story.”