Major League Wrestling is positioned to have a big year in 2018. The promotion recently signed a television deal with BeIN Sports to air episodes of MLW: Fusion on Friday nights beginning April 20th.

Today, the company announced the signing of Jake Hager (FKA Jack Swagger) to a “multi-fight” deal. MLW is presenting their product more as a fictional combat sport than sports entertainment, hence the “multi-fight” wording regarding Hager’s signing. Hager’s first event with MLW will be at the promotion’s TV tapings on May 3rd. Pentagon is scheduled to face Shane Strickland for the MLW World Championship on the show.

It also appears Hager has aligned with the returning manager, Colonel Robert Parker and his re-formed “Stud Stable”. The 67-year old grandfather recently made his return to pro-wrestling at an MLW show in February.

Earlier this year, Hager signed a deal to fight in MMA with Bellator as well. The former collegiate wrestling standout would later say he hopes to fight once and possibly even twice in 2018.

“I want to fight in 2018 for sure,” Hager said to MMA Junkie back in January. “I almost want to fight twice. That’s a bold statement, but I don’t want to waste any time. I want to jump in there. I feel like I’m in good shape now. I feel like in six months, in the summertime, I’ll be ready to make a statement.”

While training for his MMA debut, Hager has continued to stay active on the independent wrestling scene. Earlier this year, he completed a tour for the now-defunct 5-Star Wrestling in England.

Major League Wrestling just finished an 8-person single-elimination tournament to crown a new World’s Champion. Shane Strickland defeated Matt Riddle in a tournament which also featured Tom Lawlor, MVP, Jimmy Havoc, Jeff Cobb, Brody King, and Maxwell Jacob Friedman.