Asuka had surpassed Goldberg’s undefeated winnig streak back in May last year when she was still in NXT and the former World Champion had praised the Empress of Tomorrow on her achievement.

During a latest interview with The New York Post, Goldberg talked about many things including the possibility of having one more match and he also commented on her streak getting broken at WrestleMania 34.

The former WCW Star claimed that he felt bad for Asuka when the streak ended at the Show of Shows but he also said that it was done properly and now the pressure has been taken off the former NXT Star:

“I felt bad for her. It’s a really cool accomplishment. It’s unbelievable, but there comes a time when you kind of question its tenure and when is it the right time to break it. Who is the right person to break it? I think it was done properly. I think the pressure has been taken off of her.”

Goldberg’s undefeated streak ran for 173 wins before it was broken by Kevin Nash at the Starrcade event in 1998. Asuka surpassed this record after she defeated Bianca Blair at an NXT Live event back in May last year.

The former NXT Women’s Champion continued her streak on the main roster for several months before she was defeated by Charlotte Flair during the SmackDown Women’s Championship match at WrestleMania 34 earlier this month.