Last weekend, several wrestlers from ROH Tweeted that a backstage fight had taken place. The company was in Pittsburgh for “Steel City Excellence” on Saturday, which was also a set of TV Tapings for ROH TV.

Saturday afternoon, several Tweets from ROH wrestlers started to come out which indicated a backstage altercation had taken place. Some of those Tweets have since been deleted, however. All that was known at the time was that a scuffle had occurred and Cody’s chipotle got trampled in the process.

They trampled my chipotle

— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) April 14, 2018

That type of stuff doesn’t belong in my locker room!

— The Young Bucks (@NickJacksonYB) April 14, 2018

? pic.twitter.com/i1s0GlBK44

— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) April 14, 2018

New Details on Backstage ROH Fight

A recent report from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter has shed some new light on what happened.

During the company’s show in Pittsburgh on Saturday, an extra (local talent) was sitting in a chair reserved for Christopher Daniels. According to the Observer, the wrestler was asked to move but did not respond kindly. A fight ended up breaking out and Flip Gordon apparently saved the day by subduing the wrestler quickly. Other than Flip, no ROH regulars were involved and no one was hurt.

Cody would later Tweet that he is now considering booking Flip for All-In but it has since been deleted. Brandi Rhodes and Flip Gordon have been getting pretty tight lately, by the way.

The ROH shows this weekend were reportedly not well attended. The Observer reported the shows only drew around 700 fans each. The company is coming off their most well-attended show of all time, however, and all of their recent promotion had been geared towards that show.

Next up for ROH is two shows from Florida on the 28th and 29th. The “Bound for Honor” 2-day tour in Florida begins in West Palm Beach on the 27th and continues to Lakeland on the 28th.

On the 27th, the Young Bucks and Hangman Page take on the Kingdom and Punishment Martinez takes on Cody.

The show in Lakeland will be headlined by an 8-man tag-team match featuring the champions of ROH (Dalton Castle, Silas Young, the Briscoes) versus 4 members of Bullet Club.