Chris Jericho’s role for the upcoming Greatest Royal Rumble has gone back and forth in the past few days in the wake of the controversy surrounding Rusev.

During his recent interview on In This Corner Podcast, the former World Champion talked about these changes while discussing the upcoming mega live event in detail.

According to Jericho, he would be happy to play whatever role the company wants him to play on the show whether it be a casket match against the Undertaker or a lingerie match against Funaki:

“For me at this point I mean, whether they want me to be part of the Royal Rumble or work against The Undertaker or work against Funaki in a lingerie match, whatever needs to be done I’m happy to do it.”

Continuing on the topic, Y2J later explained this to be a strength of his legacy as he can come and do whatever needs to be done whether it’s main eventing a show or being part of the opening bout of the night.

For those who don’t know Chris Jericho was announced as a replacement for Rusev in the Casket match at the Greatest Royal Rumble after a tweet and a cryptic interview from the Bulgarian Brute became a hot topic of discussion.

However, the company ended up adding Rusev back into the bout a few days later and Jericho has since returned to his previously announced position in the card, as part of the 50 Men Battle Royal.