The Rock recently confirmed he was asked to be a part of the inter-gender tag-team match at WrestleMania 34. According to the megastar, he was asked to be Ronda Rousey’s partner against Triple H and Stephanie McMahon.

The Rock recently gave an interview to UK radio station, Kiss FM. During the interview, Rock spoke on a conversation he had with Vince McMahon regarding a potential WrestleMania 34 match:

“Matter of fact, Vince McMahon and I were talking about two months ago trying to figure out what I was going to do if I went back to WrestleMania. He pitched me this really great idea that I’d get involved in a tag match with Ronda Rousey who is, of course, incredible and I’m very proud of her,” said The Rock. “We couldn’t make it work this time because I was in Shanghai. But, Who knows down the line?”

Had the Rock been Ronda Rousey’s partner at WrestleMania, it would have better played off the WrestleMania 31 segment featuring Rock, Rousey, Triple H, & Stephanie. Considering the response Rousey & Angle vs Triple H & Stephanie got, however, nobody is complaining too much the Rock wasn’t able to make it.

Dwayne “the Rock” Johnson is currently promoting his latest movie “Rampage”. In the movie, Johnson plays a gorilla expert who befriends a large and mutated gorilla named George. It currently holds a 50% approval rating amongst critics on Rotten Tomatoes and an 81% approval rating amongst users of the site.

During the above interview, Rock spoke on several other topics. He discussed what would happen if he and Conor McGregor were to meet in a fight among other topics.