In his latest WWE run, Hall Of Famer Goldberg had the opportunity to work with Brock Lesnar. After Goldberg was announced as the special playable character for the WWE 2K17 video game, a dream match against Lesnar was used as advertisement.

Eventually Goldberg and WWE struck a deal to make the bout a reality. The pair collided at Survivor Series in 2016 where Goldberg picked up the win with ease. Eventually Lesnar got his redemption at WrestleMania 33 when he took the Universal Title off Goldberg – a title he still holds today.

Goldberg recently did an interview with Sports Illustrated to promote his appearance on HISTORY’s “Forged in Fire: Knife or Death” series. During the interview he revealed what it was really like to work with Lesnar outside the ring:

“I know it’s hard to believe this, but Brock is a caring person underneath all that big giant monster’s body. The relationship he has with his sons parallels my relationship with my son, and I think Brock may have understood what I was going through. Maybe he put himself in my position, saw a little bit of himself later in life in me, and saw how much this meant to me. For that, I can never repay Brock.”