Gail Kim’s 2011 exit from WWE is among the most daring ways anyone has ever burned their bridge with the company. Frustrated with how women were being used on WWE programming, Gail Kim went off script (kind of) in a women’s battle royal match on Raw.

The Raw battle royal on August 1st, 2011 was to determine a new #1 contender for the Divas title. Kim was told to be eliminated early in the match. Shortly after the match started, Kim decided to simply roll out of the ring, walk to the back, and quit.

Kim then signed with TNA and finished up her career there. She still works backstage with the company.

Check out Gail Kim give her reasons for leaving WWE in 2011:

The TNA Hall-of-Famer recently gave an interview to AfterBuzz and expressed her opinion that Stephanie McMahon had zero interest in women’s wrestling while she was in WWE.

“WWE always thinks in a business mindset. For them, they are thinking, ‘ok this woman’s revolution is becoming hot, Ronda Rousey, this “Me Too” movement’; so of course, to be honest, I’m going to say this, because I’ve said it on Twitter; Stephanie (McMahon) could have been fighting for us a long time ago. She was there every single time I worked there and she had zero interest in fighting for the women back then. So, for them, everything is business motivated. So, them having this women’s revolution, and it’s from the fans as well….the fans did demand it through social media and Vince heard it and made it happen. And I think finally the girls are getting treated the way they want to get treated.”

In addition to working backstage for Impact, Kim married celebrity chef, Robert Irvine, in 2012. Kim had studied nutrition at the University of Ryerson in her hometown of Toronto, ON, Canada. She topped the PWI Top 50 Female Wrestlers list in 2012.