Vince Russo is no longer with the upstart Lucha Libre company, AroLucha. The company (owned by former TNA producers, AroLuxe) is asking fans to invest in a crowdfunding campaign to get the promotion off the ground. Rey Mysterio and Konnan are also linked to the promotion.

Last December, the promotion announced they had hired Vince Russo as a “script consultant”. As Russo is one of the most polarizing figures in the industry, his hiring caused a stir amongst fans. Konnan took to Twitter to defend the decision.

Want to announce the signing of @THEVinceRusso as a script consultant with @AroLucha for the Dec 10th show.. #Welcomeaboardbro

— Konnan (@Konnan5150) December 8, 2017

im glad u know him so well..continue

— Konnan (@Konnan5150) December 9, 2017

always a dick in the bunch..

— Konnan (@Konnan5150) December 9, 2017

Russo worked the December 10th, 2017 AroLucha event and there has been little mention of his involvement with the company since. According to a recent report from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Vine Russo is no longer with the promotion. No details were given regarding which party instigated the end of their working relationship, only that the two sides were no longer working together.

As for Russo, he is one of the latest people to sign a deal with TwitchTV. Fans of his can follow him on the channel as he watches wrestling shows in real-time and reacts to them. Russo also has his own podcast, “Vince Russo’s the Brand” which covers wrestling related topics.

Konnan gave an interview to Sports Illustrated in February to speak on his plans with AroLucha.

“I’ve always wanted to bring Lucha to the United States, but I haven’t been able to yet,” said Konnan. “I was in Lucha Underground, but they weren’t able to do what I thought they could have done. We can do it with Aro Lucha. It’s pure excitement and a lot of fun.”

Konnan continued to say they believe AroLucha should have a TV deal by the end of 2018.

“I listen to the people,” Konnan continued. “Promotions think they’re smarter than the fans, but that’s when they get in trouble. This is for the fans. If you’re not listening to them, you’re not doing your job.”