3 time IWGP Junior Heavyweight and former 1 time IWGP Junior Tag Team Champion Kota Ibushi recently spoke to Tokyo Sports in Japan to discuss a variety of topics surrounding the Bullet Club, his role in New Japan Pro Wrestling, Cody Rhodes and more.

Ibushi has become embroiled in a Bullet Club ‘civil war’ alongside his ‘Golden Lovers’ tag team partner Kenny Omega. The pair have been feuding against Cody Rhodes, Hangman Page and at times The Young Bucks. When discussing the storyline Kota stated: “I don’t know why the Bullet Club members have to fight each other. I want it to end. It doesn’t interest me at all, I just don’t want to be caught up in it anymore.”

Ibushi also went on to say that he does not “want to bring backstage drama into the ring. I want to wrestle in the ring, and have the stories develop and amaze people there and there alone. Even as I tag (in the Golden Lovers) I want to make a mark, show results on my own. Ibushi also commented on the man who calls himself the defacto leader of the Bullet Club; Cody Rhodes. “I liked my match with Cody (at Wrestle Kingdom). I like him as a wrestler; to just have a normal match, I’m looking forward to it. Win or lose, I want this to be the end of all this, put it behind us and move on.”