NXT North American Champion and leader of The Undisputed Era, Adam Cole, recently did an interview with Sam Roberts on the Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast to discuss several professional wrestling topics. Cole first discussed his popularity growing since having joined WWE on the NXT brand:

“It’s definitely a lot more since starting with NXT. Even post-Royal Rumble definitely more often that people come up to me asking to take a picture with me and wanting an autograph. It just shows the scale at how many people do watch WWE.”

Cole then opened up about wanting to be just as good, if not better, than the previous group of NXT talents who have since been called-up to the main roster:

“There absolutely is that pressure. Any time guys move to Raw and SmackDown, I think that is what has kept NXT so relevant and has kept the fans so invested because they are now conditioned that whoever leaves or comes in, NXT, as a product, is going to give really exciting sports entertainment every time.

“You do have your different generation of guys, and those generations before did an excellent job, so it does put pressure on guys like me, Aleister [Black], Bobby [Fish] and Kyle [O’Reilly], and everyone else involved in NXT now. I think that is when guys are at their best, when you put pressure and have something to work towards and have something to compare yourself to, or try to best them, it really does make you better.”